Skip to Main Content

High School Programs


mowrgirlCoastal Pines Technical College offers Move On When Ready (MOWR) programs that provide exceptional opportunities for high school students to earn college credit while completing their high school diploma. It’s the fast lane to a college education!

Dual credit (MOWR) programs expose high school students to college courses earlier. This helps facilitate a smooth transition to college upon graduating from high school. Since state funds will pay the college tuition, MOWR courses will jump start a college education and open pathways to exciting careers at virtually no expense to the student and his or her parents. High School students enrolled at Coastal Pines Technical College are offered the same opportunities as any other student, including eligibility for academic honors and participation in student activities.

Classes are offered at your high school or at one of our college locations. For more information on CPTC programs for high school students, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section below!

Move On When Ready (MOWR)

Move On When Ready program allows qualified high school students to enroll in any academic or technical course from the MOWR Course directory or enroll in a program (Associate Degree, Diploma or Technical Certificate of Credit).  Students are required to meet college admission requirements and obtain permission from the high school guidance counselor and parent or guardian.  Students completing approved courses will earn high school credit and college credit at the same time. 

Participants are provided all books and consumable supplies for MOWR program courses. Additionally, any regular college fees are waived for program participants. Hours attempted as part of the MOWR program and paid for by the HOPE Grant will not be counted in the HOPE Grant or HOPE Scholarship credit hour cap.

CPTC offers several degree level core classes that are now guaranteed to transfer to any Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) or University System of Georgia (USG) institution. A list of these approved courses can be accessed at

Joint Enrollment

High school students may enroll in diploma or technical certificate programs at CPTC if college admission requirements are met and permission from the high school guidance counselor and parent or guardian is obtained. Joint enrolled students receive college credit only. Students attend classes at a CPTC location after the high school day has ended.

Hours attempted as part of the Joint Enrollment program and paid for by the HOPE Grant will be counted in the HOPE Grant credit hour cap. 

Articulation of High School Courses

Articulated credit may be awarded for coursework completed under formal statewide articulation agreements when established competencies have been achieved. Testing will be required to document attainment of required competencies. A grade of “AC” (A, B, or C) will be awarded. Articulated credit will not be included in the calculation of the student’s institutional grade point average (except for consideration of program admission into competitive admissions programs).

High School Programs Questions

Questions & Answers

What program should I enroll in?

For information and statistics about jobs close to home, check out the Georgia Career Information Center (GCIS). GCIS is an internet-based system that has several components which provide current and accurate occupational and educational information to help young people make informed career choices. GCIS has research capabilities for programs of study, occupations (all aspects including growth and salaries), schools, job search, job retention, skills assessment, interest assessment and featured careers of the month. It also has the ability to generate letters for information from schools, and you can use GCIS to research financial aid and grant opportunities.

Click here for instructions on how to log on.

back to top ↑

I am ready to enroll! How do I get started?

High School students must complete the following steps to enroll: 

  • Complete Application for High School Students
  • Complete the Accuplacer (or equivalent) entrance exam
  • Complete the MOWR application for GSFC
  • Submit proof of lawful presence and residency (joint enrolled students only)

To complete the admissions process, each high school student will need to contact an CPTC Recruiter/High School Coordinator.

back to top ↑

How will I pay for my college classes?

All tuition, standard fees, and books are provided at no cost to MOWR students. To apply for financial aid, click on the appropriate form listed below.

Joint enrolled students must set up a profile on and complete the GSFAPPS financial aid application. MOWR students must set up a profile on and complete the MOWR financial aid application.

back to top ↑

What expenses will I be responsible for?

Each high school student will need to come to class equip with the standard items needed in a classroom setting. Each high school student is also responsible for purchasing any consumable items needed for college classes. Some examples include welding gloves/goggles, CPR certification cards, and scrubs.

back to top ↑

Will I be required to complete an entrance test to enroll in classes?

Each applicant must complete the Accuplacer placement exam or accepted placement tool. Accuplacer may be taken on site at the high school. The Accuplacer is a computer-based examination that measures basic writing, reading, numeric and algebraic skills. Minimum test score requirements are determined by program area. To sign up to take a placement test, please contact the high school guidance counselor or an CPTC High School Coordinator.

Click here for Accuplacer test review questions.

If a high school student has already completed the SAT or ACT exam, these scores may be used in place of the standard placement test.

back to top ↑

Will I get out of high school early?

The high school counselor determines if a student is able to miss part of her/her high school day. If a student will be receiving dual credit for the classes taken at CPTC, sometimes the student will be dismissed from high school early.

back to top ↑

What if I would like to withdraw from my college class after the semester begins?

The first three days of each semester are reserved as a Drop/Add period. During this time, each student can add, remove, or change his/her class schedule without any negative repercussions. This is an opportunity for a new student to test drive college classes.

Should a student withdraw from a course after the end of the third business day of the term, a grade of ‘W’, ‘WP’, or ‘WF’ will be recorded on the student’s transcript.

Withdrawing from a college class may impact a student’s high school graduation or continuation as a dual credit student.

back to top ↑

Learn about the Dual Enrollment program

Please click here to learn more about the Dual Enrollment program.

back to top ↑

Can't find what you are looking for?


Telephone numbers are accessible to persons who are deaf or hard of hearing through the Georgia Relay by dialing 711 or 1-800-255-0056 from a TTY/TDD.

Los números de teléfono son accesibles a las personas que son sordos o con pérdida de la audición a través de Georgia Relay marcando 711 o 1-800-255-0056 de TTY/TDD.


Waycross Camden Baxley
1701 Carswell Ave 100 Keith Dixon Way 1334 Golden Isles Pkwy, W
Waycross, Georgia 31503 Kingsland, GA 31548 Baxley, Georgia 31513
912.287.6584 912.522.4510 912.367.1700
  Camden Golden Isles
Alma Cosmetology Program 3700 Glynco Pkwy
101 West 17th St 8001 The Lakes Blvd Brunswick, Georgia 31525
Alma, Georgia 31510 Kingsland, Georgia 31548 912.262.4999
912.632.0951 912.510.3364  
  Hazlehurst 1777 West Cherry St
  677 Douglas Hwy Jesup, Georgia 31545
  Hazlehurst, Georgia 31539 912.427.5800


Human Trafficking Hotline

Website design and development by, Inc.

Copyright © Coastal Pines Technical College. All rights reserved.

close (X)